Everyone needs someone to talk to. Our goal at BN Counseling is to help individuals meet their basic emotional needs. It is a process that helps our clients arrive at a healthier and happier way of living.
Individual counseling helps children and adults:
- Develop a resilient growth mindset
- Emotion management skills: Anger, Depression, Anxiety, Stress & Panic Attacks
- Relationships, Intimacy and Dating
- Trauma, Grief & Loss
- Sexual orientation and gender identity
- Life management skills for transitional life phases, health, body image and self esteem
- Relapse prevention in Addictions, Alcoholism & Substance Dependence
- Career and vocational fulfillment, productivity & purpose
The benefits and value of individual counseling on children and adults are experienced as:
- a chance to heal with a safe, supportive, non-judgmental and nurturing listener
- an opportunity to develop new perspectives, attitudes and life skills
- a growth in observing habitual patterns of anxiety, depression, resistance and escapes
- the capacity to understand unconscious thoughts, feelings & responses
- the capacity to develop a stronger sense of self, physical health, restfulness & sleep
- a growth in the ability to follow through with priorities and responsibilities
- an ability to communicate adequately, problem solve and make decisions
- an ability to experience life with curious possibilities instead of moral judgments
- a necessity to improve relationships with affirming behaviors.
- mindfully setting time to attend to ones own needs, to repair past ruptures
Choosing Individual Counseling
This is an empathetic process of curious observation about your life, your environment, your nurturers and your difficulties. We believe in the inner dignity and constructiveness of your propelling capacity towards self-realization. It is a process that includes periods of crisis, mourning, reevaluation, identity deconstruction, and growth.
We are guided by a therapeutic framework that appreciates the alliance between a client and a therapist, and the safeness of space as a secure holding experience. It is a process of healing and learning to hope with resilience, to live with optimism and trusting love to guide a guarded heart.
At BN Counseling, our strategic approach of eclectic therapies comprises of
- Psychodynamic & Client Centered Approach
- Cognitive and Behavioral therapies & Multicultural Counseling
- Mindfulness, Humanistic and Existentialist therapies
- Trauma therapy & EMDR
- The Myers-Briggs personality types
- Family therapy & Internal Family Systems Approach [IFS]
- Marriage Therapy, and IMAGO Relationship approach
- Group therapy as an integrated part of individual counseling