Brian Nandy, Licensed Professional Counselor
Psychoanalyst-Psychotherapist, Founder & Director of BN Counseling
Brian Nandy is the founder of BN Counseling, LLC, an integrative and multi-disciplinary counseling practice providing helps for children, teens, men and women, and corporations recognize their capacity to evolve to be more of their potential selves.
A SHORT HISTORY
Brian at 5-years old, in a discussion about God, had told his grandmother, that when he grew up, he wanted to help people feel better about themselves.
Originally from Malaysia, in his adolescence, due to the economical circumstances of the time, stunted the development of his purpose. Instead of giving up, he got a job at Club Med, sang on stage and there— he began to learn and envision all the possibilities in the world.
Brian then got a job as a creative copywriter in the advertising world specializing best at humanitarian and social justice causes. He saved his money, came to America with a scholarship, and 2.5-years later graduated summa cum laude in Psychology and was awarded the honor of “Student Marshall.” Next, Brian obtained his Masters in Behavioral Sciences and once again was awarded the honor of “Symbolic Graduate Student”. All of these achievements were done with no academic debt and much to his credit— with great humility and an innate ability to create and nurture opportunities. Hence, the mission to inspire hope, a “think in possibilities” growth mindset, where the glass is always full, even when it is cracked.
Brian Nandy, is a highly-respected and sought-after LGBT therapist who helps children, adults and organizations learn about their strengths and virtues to overcome their most complex and life-wrenching challenges. Serving as Program Director and Clinical Supervisor at a School Based Counseling Program and Private Practice, he runs groups and conducts workshops that integrate recreation and artistic expression. Additionally, he has recently opened a second location in Bayonne, NJ where he aspires to offer a host of psycho-educational presentations and holistic programs. Brian’s vision is to bring together a community of integrated healers, to inspire hope and make the world a better place to live.
- Kean University, MA Behavioral Sciences
- Blackburn College, BA Psychology
ADDITIONAL EXPERTISE & ADVANCED TRAINING
- The Institute for Psychoanalytic Studies, Certified Psychoanalyst
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Training, Part 1 & 2
- IMAGO Relationship Therapy & Emotional Focused Couples Therapy
- Internal Family Systems Model of Psychotherapy
- Art Therapy
- Myers-Briggs Personality Types guidance
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- IMAGO Relationship Therapy
- Psychoanalytic Orientation: Object Relations, Person Centered, Positive Psychology
- Art Therapy & Movement Therapy
- Mindfulness Techniques
- Anxiety & Depression,
- Forgiveness, Guilt & Happiness
- Grief, Loss, & Bereavement
- LGBT Issues (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender),
- Relationships, Self-Esteem & Sexuality
- Stress Management & Workplace Issues
Other Service Modalities
- Workshops, seminars and presentations on LGBT
- Emotion Management and Meditation
- Bariatric Assessments
- TeleHealth: Online/Web Counseling
- Clutter-Buster Organizing Skills
- “Safe Space” Consultation