Citizenship or civic participation consists of behaviors, attitudes, and actions that reflect concern and active membership in the community in an informed, committed, and constructive manner, with a focus on the common good.
At BN Counseling, our expressions of civic responsibility are exhibited by:
- I Believe In Me Photography Book is a compelling black & white photography book aimed to promote high school graduation by having graduating students impart 1-advise to younger students.
- I Believe In Me Photography Exhibition at IKEA, Elizabeth. The exhibition was an extension of the awareness for a ‘stay-in-school’ mindset. The exhibition entailed 20-displays from the photography book.
- People Who’ve Addressed My Life. This is a reflective address book, geared towards a consideration of pivotal role models in our lives who have served to mold and shape our being.
- Body Blast Project. The Body Blast Project is a 12-week health-based intervention program for overweight adolescents aimed at helping them lose weight, increase self-esteem and promote healthy living; achieved through a combination of mental health counseling, exercise classes, nutrition education, meal-planning, and recreational activities.
- Standing Tall: Insights on Gay, Lesbian & Bisexual Youth Documentary. A project based on the theme “What is 1-advise you would give a Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual teen?”. The documentary functions to support teens in their understanding of their orientation and identity, as well as to educate adults who may encounter Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual teens.